Cancellation of courses
If you have booked a course but need to cancel, we ask for at least 28 days notice so that we can arrange for another participant to have the space. If notice is given within less than 28 days, we will do our best to fill your space but we cannot guarantee a refund. Course bookings are not transferable.
The following apply to all courses please see specific headings below for specific courses additional terms and conditions:
1. If you fail for whatever reason to participate in or complete your course(s), you must still pay to First Aid for Dogs the full fee for your course(s). There shall be no refund or discount of fees following the start of the course. Because of the way our courses are structured, once your booking is confirmed we are unable to transfer you to another course, or to offer any refunds. As you can appreciate, this could result in our running a course with insufficient numbers. There are no exceptions to this.
2. Courses occasionally have to be cancelled because we’ve had too few bookings. We do all that we can to avoid this, but it’s not possible to run a course if only a few people have applied. If the number of bookings is too low, we’ll wait for some time after the usual closing date before cancelling the course, in case people book late. This will mean that confirmation emails won't be sent out a month before the course. You will, of course, be informed as soon as possible if the course is cancelled. A rescheduled date will be offered. If you notify First Aid for Dogs within seven days of being advised of a re-scheduled date that such date is unacceptable and if no other date can be agreed, then you will be entitled to a refund of the course fees paid but not otherwise.
3. First Aid for Dogs cannot be held responsible for travel or accommodation costs paid before a course has been confirmed, so please do not pay for travel arrangements before you have received your confirmation email (or alternatively, ring the First Aid for Dogs office on 01273 702496 to confirm that a course is going ahead). Please note that the confirmation email saying that the course is going ahead is not the same email which you will receive acknowledging your booking.
4. Course fees include tuition, course materials (handbook and/or resource files) and certification fees, where applicable. Liquid refreshments at break times are also included. All other costs such as travel and accommodation where needed etc are payable by the student.
5. The course materials that First Aid for Dogs provide to you shall become your property when paid for in full. The content of the course materials, including copyright and all other such intellectual property rights contained therein, remain the property of First Aid for Dogs. You may not reproduce any part of the course materials without the prior written consent of First Aid for Dogs. Photographs and videos cannot be taken of the course without prior written consent and any video or photo materials remain the property of First Aid for Dogs.
6. It is the student’s responsibility to ensure that the course is suitable for their requirements. First Aid for Dogs are happy to offer advice but accept no liability in the event that the content of the course does not meet individual requirements.
7. First Aid for Dogs reserve the right to alter the advertised course venue and trainers.
8. First Aid for Dogs reserve the right to decline applications.
9. All students are required to observe and abide by all policies regarding health and safety, security, student conduct and any other regulations as set out by First Aid for Dogs.
10. The course content has been carefully researched and is believed by First Aid for Dogs to be up-to-date
11. The total cost must be paid in advance, full payment which is non-refundable, is required along with the completed booking form. (As course places are limited and cannot always be guaranteed, it is recommended that you telephone First Aid for Dogs to determine course vacancies before applying in order to avoid disappointment.)
11.1 In the event of a participant being unable to attend a course or complete a course no refunds will be available. Please see cancellation policy above
An invoice will email emailed to you. Payment can be made by:
- Internet banking
- Card over the phone
- Paypal (Deposit only)
Your request to transfer courses must be received by First Aid for Dogs not less than 28 days prior to commencement of the training you were originally booked into.
Delivery of vouchers and shop items
13. Standard delivery takes up to 5 working days for your order to be delivered.
13.1 We cannot specify an exact time of day for your delivery and cannot be held responsible for third party delays in transit. Some of our items are dispatched directly from the manufacturers so if you order two or more items, each item may be delivered separately.
13.2 We will advise you of the dispatch time and method once your order is on its way to you. Please make sure you are available to take delivery of your order as re-deliveries may incur extra charge.
13.3 Most Standard delivery orders are sent by 1st Class post although a few heavy or bulky items are sent by courier. We reserve the right to send your order out by the best service possible. If you are unavailable to accept delivery of your order then a card will be left for you by your local Royal Mail sorting office or courier depot and you will need to collect your order or call and rearrange your delivery. Please collect your item or call promptly to rearrange delivery as items will only be held for a short time before being returned to us and you may incur a second postage charge if we need to resend your order.
14. Availability of Experiences
All experiences are offered subject to availability. Experience Voucher holders must follow the detailed booking and redemption instructions issued by Pet Experiences with each voucher. Advanced booking is usually required.
14.1 Locations and Experiences
All locations and experiences offered are correct at the time of voucher purchase but may occasionally change or be withdrawn for reasons beyond our control. It is your responsibility to follow the detailed instructions included on the voucher.
14.2 Experience descriptions
The stated description of the experience is a guide only and may differ slightly from venue to venue. All photographs and descriptions used in Experiences promotional material are only intended to give a general idea of each experience. Our network of suppliers is amongst the best in the UK but occasionally we may need to withdraw a featured venue.
Experiences will not be liable in the event of the gift or experience voucher(s) being lost, damaged or stolen. The voucher is invalid if altered or tampered with.
14.4 Original vouchers must be returned to Pet Experiences before any exchanges, refunds or extensions can be made. Any Experience Voucher can be exchanged once only, before the expiry date, for a different experience or into a different name, for an administration fee of £5 and upon payment of any difference in the case of a higher cost experience. For lower cost experiences the balance will be held on your account by Pet Experiences for one year. Exchanged vouchers cannot be refunded. The voucher sent to you will clearly show the validity date.
14.5 All one-off experiences are valid for one year from date of issue but may be extended subject to the discretion of the management of Pet Experiences Limited.
14.6 We are happy to make refunds on unbooked experiences provided that you return the voucher unused within 7 working days beginning the day after the day on which the voucher was received. No refunds can be given on expired or extended experience vouchers. Refunds can only be made to the person who originally purchased the voucher and if payment was originally made by debit or credit card the refund will be processed back to the same card. No refunds can be given once an experience booking has been made.